<< Back to Hip Specialties
Hip pain is a common condition, which can be caused by trauma, overuse, sprains, or strains. The hip joint is the largest ball-and-socket joint. It can endure regular wear and tear, but a cushion of cartilage prevents friction as the hip bone moves in its socket whenever the hip is used.
Identifying the exact location of hip pain provides insight into the underlying cause.
- Pain on the inside of the hip or groin could mean an issue with the hip joint
- Pain on the outside of your hip, upper thigh, or outer buttock could mean the condition is originating within the muscles, tendons, or other soft tissues
- Referred pain results from hip pain caused by conditions in the lower back or another area of your body
Signs and Symptoms
- Mild to severe discomfort in the hip
- Pain could be located in the thigh, groin, inside or outside of the hip joint, or buttocks
- Reduced range of motion, which could even result in the development of a limp
Non-Operative Pain Management
What's Next? Treatment Options...
To find out more about treatment options and specialized care, please call Columbia Orthopaedic Group at (573) 876-8141 and schedule an appointment or request one below:Request an Appointment
We look forward to meeting you!
Columbia Orthopaedic Group
1 South Keene Street
Columbia, Missouri 65201
During your initial consultation, you will have the opportunity to meet our team, learn about our services, and discuss potential treatment options best suited for your needs.